Hats off to Dr. Seuss in honor of his Birthday. This cat in the hat Socially Sparked® our lives in countless ways — as American author, political cartoonist, poet, animator, book publisher and artist — to name a few. Dr. Seuss Day is celebrated each year close to his birthday on March 2nd during Reading Awareness Month. Here are five cool cat facts in his honor.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose” — Dr. Seuss
FIVE COOL CAT FACTS ABOUT DR. SEUSS
- Under the pen name of Dr. Seuss, the author wrote more than 60 children’s books.
- The beloved doctor’s real name was Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904 – 1991)
- During his lifetime, more than 600 million copies of his books were published and translated into more than 20 languages
- He wrote and illustrated 45 books including The Cat in The Hat and Green Eggs and Ham
- Dr. Seuss used the pen name “Theo LeSieg” for books that he wrote and were illustrated by others — the first published under this pen name was in 1965, I Wish That I Had Duck Feet
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! In honor of his birthday and Reading Awareness Month, we tip our hats and encourage everyone to read and enjoy! To use the Dr.’s own words, think of all the places you will go. — We are Socially Sparked! Tweet @sosparkednews & @asparks01