The Music Fest Must Go On![vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]LOLLAPALOOZA pivots virtually for 2020 announcing that the Chicago-based music festival will go on as LOLLA2020 Virtual Festival Weekend, beginning this Friday, July 31 thru August 2. This year’s free four-day event will bring live music and awareness of social issues into your homes exclusively via YouTube. Here’s what we know.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Live Music & Social Impact Take Center Stage” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center”][vc_column_text]In keeping with the LOLLA tradition, this year will showcase established and emerging artists, music discovery, local Chicago artists as well as a few organizations making a social impact in our lives. Since its inception almost 30 years ago, LOLLA has strived to inspire, connect and uplift our communities.
THE LINEUP: will include music and appearances by Paul Mccartney, Chance The Rapper, Outkast, Arcade Fire, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vic Mensa, H.E.R., Kaskade, Alison Wonderland, Zhu, Perry Farrell, Michelle Obama, Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, Ll Cool J and more. Full lineup will be announced Wednesday, July 29th.
THE SOCIAL ISSUES: Lolla2020 will bring awareness to three organizations that strive to make a difference in the areas of social justice and the arts. They will be partnering with:
When We All Vote, Michelle Obama’s non-profit, nonpartisan organization, to increase participation in every election, with a mission to change the culture around voting and close the race and age voting gap to ensure every eligible voter is registered and ready to vote.
The Equal Justice Initiative, which is committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the U.S., challenging racial and economic injustice, and protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable
Arts for Illinois Relief Fund, which provides financial relief to venues, organizations and workers in the creative industries, including artists, artisans, stage and production members who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Fans can look forward to special appearances by Michelle Obama and Bryan Stevenson, easily register to vote via www.whenweallvote.org/lolla, learn more about each of the organizations, and donate to support their efforts during the broadcast at www.lollapalooza.com/donate.[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”7718″ img_size=”large” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”The Highlights” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- Lolla2020 will be a free four-night broadcast event to air exclusively on YouTube. The virtual event is taking place on the original dates of the Chicago-based festival, Thursday, July 30 thru Sunday, August 2 beginning at 5PM CT / 6PM ET / 3PM PT each night. The multi-day music extravaganza had originally cancelled for 2020 due to the global pandemic.
- More than 150 performances and appearances, featuring fan-favorite sets from previous festivals, including international editions, original performances from artists all over the world, classic archival sets from some of the festival’s most popular headliners and a series of special late-night performances. In between the music, Lolla2020 will highlight causes important to the festival’s history, community and home of Chicago.
- Fans will experience epic past Lollapalooza performances from LCD Soundsystem, Metallica, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Ellie Goulding, Run The Jewels, Lorde, Alabama Shakes, Tove Lo, including historic headlining sets from Paul McCartney, Chance The Rapper, OutKast, and Arcade Fire and much more.
- The festival will also feature new original live performances from incredible artists including Alison Wonderland (Live Set), Carnage, H.E.R., Kali Uchis, Kaskade, Louis the Child, NGHTMRE, Pink Sweat$, SAYMYNAME, Tank and the Bangas, The Neighbourhood, Vic Mensa, Yungblud, ZHU and many more.
- Lollapalooza founder and Jane’s Addiction frontman Perry Farrell will host candid conversations with iconic friends and tastemakers including Lars Ulrich, Chuck D, Matt Pinfield and more. He’ll also lead a special Kind Heaven Orchestra performance featuring Taylor Hawkins, a David Bowie tribute with pianist Mike Garson, the first Porno for Pyros reunion in 24 years, and a few other special surprises.
- Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot will appear throughout the weekend’s festivities, including hosting engaging conversations with Perry Farrell and hip-hop legend LL COOL J.